Pentathlon GB has a duty to safeguard all young people involved with Pentathlon GB from harm. All young people have a right to protection, and the needs of disabled young people and others who may be particularly vulnerable must be taken into account. Pentathlon GB will use its best endeavours to ensure the safety and protection of all children involved in the sport throughout the adherence to the child protection guidelines adopted by the organisation.
This section of the website aims to:
- Outline what is child abuse and the forms it can take.
- Link to Pentathlon GB policies regarding ethics, equal opportunity, photography of athletes, transportation and away trips. Additional policies can be downloaded here.
- Link to the Code of Conduct for Parents and Spectators and other guidelines, including the DCMS leaflet 'Helping keep your child safe in sport', which can be downloaded here.
- Maintaining a list of other agencies providing information and otherwise offering help and support. (see below)
- Inform those with concerns how to proceed
If you think you might be the victim of abusive behaviour, wish to report any abusive behaviour you may have witnessed or been told about, it is important to take action with immediate effect. If you are a child, contact the club or event Welfare Officer whose contact details should be on display. Failing this, contact the Pentathlon GB Lead Child Protection Officer on 07590 444372 or 07985 854393. Your complaint will be delat with in the strictest confidence and support provided whilst the matter is dealt with.
Parents, coaches, officials, etc. should consult these flow charts which illustrate 1- The process for dealing with expressions of concern and complaints (please note the distinction!) and 2 - Responding to disclosures and allegations.
Criminal matters should be reported to the Police immediately, for other breaches of the PentathlonGB Child Protection Policy, you are asked to complete and submit the downloadable Incident Report Form.
If you are a child and have concerns about the way you are being treated click here .
|Pentathlon GB Child Protection Lead Officer:||Other Useful Contacts:|
|Dr Richard Cox||CRB|
|Tel: 01928 733283//07590 444372||Childline Tel 0113 274 4802|
|email: firstname.lastname@example.org||NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000|
University of Bath
BATH BA2 7AY
|Local Safeguarding Boards from here it is possible to identify contact details for each area.|